As we enter the spring/summer selling season, it is a perfect time to change course and start a new theme. In the past months our overriding theme was “buying”. Now that buying season is over, it is time to focus on “selling”. To get us in the mood to sell and help us develop a comprehensive selling strategy, I want to pose some questions we should all consider and try to answer:
- How do you display product?
- Are you proud of how you display product?
- If you could start from scratch today, how would you display product?
- Is selling an afterthought to the medical appointment or an integrated, vital part of the patient visit?
- Is the staff trained to explain and romance the product you own in inventory?
- Do you motivate the staff – both financially and emotionally? If so, how can you improve upon this? If not, why not?
- How do you communicate your product story to the patient (which opens up an entire marketing discussion which I will cover in the coming months)
- Do you have an online strategy? (again, this opens up a VERY large topic for the future)
- Most importantly: When you see a patient, do they leave having had a WOW experience? Or a doctor’s visit? Or a sales pitch?
Think about the questions and in the coming weeks we will dive DEEP and offer suggestions and insights to develop a great “selling” strategy.